Friday, September 24, 2010

Sweet and Savory

We've got a big birthday coming up at our house, and I'm putting together a little celebration for our almost one-year-old. It's going to be very small -- just family and a few neighbors -- but I still want to do something special. I'm having it in the late afternoon, so was thinking tea party/cocktail hour. What would you call that? A tea-tail party? Whatevs, it's going to be fun!

I was trying to organize my thoughts beforehand since I usually work best on these sorts of things at the eleventh hour, so I put together a little inspiration board:



[IMAGES Top Row: Elizabeth Anne Designs cupcakes with flags; the invite that I made -- I know, I know, it's such a small gathering, but this is what I do people! How could I not have a paper invitation?; Style Me Pretty lanterns. Middle Row: Sweet Lulu straws; Sprinkles cupcakes via Martha; Kate Murphy record player; Nicole Hill Gerulat ice cream sandwiches; Bottom Row: red balloons by Tara Donne; Ritzy Bee place setting; Amy Atlas candy bags.]

I want to create a sort of "Sweet and Savory" table, if you will: cucumber tea sandwiches [my fave], cheeses, bruschetta, cupcakes, chocolate dipped pretzels, Rice Krispie treat lollipops.



[Left and Bottom Middle images from Martha; Others from Style Me Pretty baby shower]



[100 Layer Cake]



[Tea Sandwich table from Style Me Pretty photographed by Marianne Taylor]

I'll be sure to take pictures so you guys can see how it turns out. I'm interested to see what M thinks of cupcakes; if she's anything like her brothers, she will be an instant fan!

2 comments:

LLH Designs said...

I always love your inspiration boards. In fact, I love everything you do! Always so fresh and easy on the eyes!

Xo...Linsey

Sara Carolina said...

Happy, happy Birthday to you and Mags today, Alston!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails