Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Caliza

Our second stop at Alys Beach was dinner at Caliza, the poolside restaurant. Yes, I drool over the white delectableness that is Alys. I can't help it.



The one thing that I didn't really like were those metal pool rails. Why did they have to make them swirl around like that? It reminds me of those picture frames with the translucent colored stones on them that have wires that make a little swirl pattern around the stones. Do you know the ones? They were all over my dresser in middle school. Alongside my fabric-strip-decorated banana clips. So, if I could change one thing, it would be the pool railings. They should've consulted Jeff Lewis on those.

OK, back to the drooling...









See those little box house looking things in the back? Those are private cabanas. Some of them even have TVs in them. Do you think there are fist fights in the morning over who gets the best cabana?



I must go back. Soon. It's so yummy. So is the food. I had a Fried Green Tomato BLT that had fried oysters on it -- need I say more? And our waiter was so nice. And so were the restrooms. Who doesn't like nice restrooms, right?

I've got lots of pictures from this past weekend, too, just haven't had time to upload yet. Hope yours was a great one! Also, new holiday cards are popping up on the site [hence the reason I haven't had much time lately!]!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails