Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Kind of Town.

Chicago. Reg and I just got back from a few days there just the two of us. It was glorious. It didn't hurt that we had unseasonably nice weather, but the city itself is pretty unbeatable. This was my first venture to the windy city, and I fell in love with it -- the art, the architecture, the people, the public transportation, the food. Oh my, the food.



We whiled away a few hours at the Art Institute, and walked and walked and walked some more. I miss being in a walking city. There's so much going on! My favorite restaurant of the trip was The Publican [pictured middle row, far left]. I'm still dreaming about their cauliflower gratin. And the brussels sprout salad was surprisingly delicious [I wasn't sure how shredded brussels would taste]. Our server was outstanding and the overall experience was excellent. We also ate at Girl and the Goat, which was also delicious. It had the potential to be my favorite, but the hosting staff there was a bit persnickety. I don't much care for persnickety hostesses. Regardless, our server was fantastic and so was the food. Plus, they get extra credit for that adorable goat [pictured top row, far right].

If you've never been, you must go!

1 comment:

Tracey Bower- Bower Studio said...

Too funny! My husband and I are planning a spring trip sans kids and toyed with Miami or Chicago... I think Chicago won out because we try and find cities where our favorite baseball team plays and Wrigley is one of them :) I've never been either!

Related Posts with Thumbnails