Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Filled Weekend

Not baby labor [one month to go before that!], but work labor. My parents and sister came down to help us finish up some projects around the house -- hanging window treatments [to me, one of the most unpleasant things], putting in molding, more painting, etc, etc. And Weez came bearing gifts, beautiful gifts, like these pillows:

I love them. I've been detouring through the Living Room all weekend just to look at them. [The fabric is Lee Jofa]

And these curtains:

It's amazing to me what some window treatments will do for a place. I've got some more pictures to hang, and then I'm going to try and get some before + after pictures up. The place finally feels like it's coming together.

My dad also made this amazing play table for the boys, but I've got a separate post coming on that...

What else did we do? We watched football and we ate...a lot...Ben tried out the smoker for the first time this weekend, and it was a huge success...


Hope your weekend was a good one!

2 comments:

Pam Kueber said...

Can't wait to see the window treatments up, you know how I love pinch pleats!

the dowiaks said...

can't wait to see the b+a! i'm a bit jealous though. i've been in my house for um, like five months now and the only room with window treatments is the kids room! i'm working on the living room decor now though, so hopefully by the end of the year i can show b+a.

love that table for the boys!!

REALLY? only ONE month to go??? gosh, that's flown by! at least to me. :) does it feel that way to you too???

Related Posts with Thumbnails