Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mem Day in Savannah

We were in Savannah last weekend with family, and I wanted to share some of the pictures that I finally uploaded. Have you ever been? It's one of my favorite cities. The architecture and squares are unbeatable.



Don't those row houses look like they could be in London?

My favorite signage from the trip:



My dad was actually born in Savannah, his mom and dad born there as well, so I always feel like there is a part of me there when I visit. We spent most of the weekend on the beach:



Wading in tidal pools, and catching fish:



But on the way out of town, we ate lunch in a square that just happened to be right outside the church that my grandmother used to play the organ in way back when:



They don't quite understand what it means yet to go back to a place where your family once lived and worked and walked around, but I like showing them anyway.



Hope yours was memorable as well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails