Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bowls From My Gals

While we were in Houston a couple weeks ago, some friends surprised me with a trip to the Mad Potter. I have not painted pottery in years, maybe even since college. But it was so much fun, soothing really. Maybe it was because I haven't picked up a paint brush in so long, and I know it had something to do with being with my girlfriends again after so long, but I was so relaxed and happy sitting there in the Mad Potter.

The deal was that everyone would paint a bowl for me to keep as a birthday present. I love this idea. I loved seeing the way everyone painted their bowls, what they decided to do. And I love having this mismatched set of bowls. Matching china is way overrated. Many thanks, friends - it was such a sweet gift!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails