Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Flying Through the Air


This past weekend, we worked on getting the nursery put together -- she's only 4 months old, so I figure it's about time! I've been looking for a mobile for a while now, and I increasingly like the idea of birds. Maybe because it seems so natural for birds to be flying through the air. There are some beautiful ones out there [some pictured above], and I found some amazing inspiration on Ohdeedoh. I even toyed with the idea of making one -- I love the whimsy of the origami birds in particular [bottom left] and since I don't sew [I SO wish that I could] I thought it may be something I could handle. Side note: there are some great tutorials out there for making your own mobile, like here and here, in case you are interested. But then I came across this one on Erica's blog, and I think this may be it...all the whimsy I'm looking for without any labor on my part! When it comes down to it, I just don't have the time to make one, and I'm afraid she would be over it by the time I did get around to it.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

[Images clockwise from left to right: Ohdeedoh Modern Eclectic; Ohdeedoh Modern Haven; Spool Bird Mobile; Ohdeedoh Crane Mobile -- How-To; Birds of a Feather, Helen Ige, spotted on Ohdeedoh]
Related Posts with Thumbnails