Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Silly Bandz meet John Fowles



Wonder what he would've thought of these crazy little bands? I thought that I had eradicated our house of them, sneaking them into the garage whenever I found one, only to come across this little stash hiding on the bookshelf. They are quite possibly one of the most annoying trends we've experienced yet.

I read The Magus a few years ago and was completely enthralled. Fowles is a master of language. I did almost throw it across the room after I read the last sentence, though. I'm not going to ruin the end for those of you out there who haven't read it and might want to, but let's just say that after spending hours of my precious free time becoming invested in the characters, I felt abandoned. But, I think that was his point. And with some space, I'm coming to accept it. I like endings. And I like a good love story. And I think it's safe to say that neither of those were a top priority for Fowles in this one. Have you read it? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails