Saturday, August 27, 2011

San Fran



[The view from my hotel floor. Not bad, eh?].

Finally, some trip pictures! My first stop was in San Francisco to see the folks at Minted. I was beyond thrilled to see where all the Minted magic happens, and even more excited to get to spend some time with people that I communicate with mainly over email. Everyone could not have been more welcoming, and I was totally inspired by the hard-working and creative forces they've got out there.





Since I work mostly by myself all day, I had more fun in this open office environment brainstorming, seeing new designs, gossiping by the water cooler. There actually wasn't much gossiping, but I did discover two fellow Housewives watchers, so that counts a little I think. What else? Oh, so I was filmed for a video, which I feel the need to forewarn everyone right here and now that it might not be pretty. Let's just say that those types of things aren't really my forte, if you will. I don't remember a word I said, and afterward I practically begged the videographer to please edit my lines as much as possible. One second snippets are cool with me.

We ate dinner at a restaurant called Town Hall. It was delish.





And the company could not have been better.

I had a couple of hours to walk around toward the end of the trip [this was my first time in SF], so I headed out toward the Piers, hoping to see the Golden Gate Bridge. I think it may have been too foggy? I don't know what was up, but I couldn't find it. I did see lots of hills and trolleys and sea lions and Alcatraz and a street named "Larkin," which was surely after my sister's husband's family.







The hills were crazy! See how everyone has their tires turned in toward the curb? There are signs telling drivers to "curb your tires." I don't know why but I was intrigued by that...maybe because it felt so uniquely San Francisco?







For lunch one day, we ate at this amazing Greek restaurant that had a gigantic fireplace:



Yes, I feel weird when I take pictures like this.

It was such a great trip, and I hope to make it out there again sometime soon!

And speaking of Minted, voting has started for the Great Ideas Notebook Challenge! Here is my submission:



I designed this notebook to record gatherings and celebrations -- what was served, what happened, who was there. It could also make a fantastic storybook if passed around to guests for their input from the day/night.

You guys, I've seen a prototype of these notebooks and they are going to be beautiful. I think they'll be the perfect way to check off your holiday gift list. I can't wait to see which designs are chosen!
Related Posts with Thumbnails