Monday, March 15, 2010

Pretty in Plaid

As I mentioned in this post, I joined in the latest minted challenge, which was to create a modern wedding invitation. The only parameter was that you had to submit three and only three designs. First up, my ode to plaid!

This is my attempt to translate the layered geometry of plaid in a fresh and modern invitation, and was thinking particularly about an elegant ranch or farm wedding. I think it could work for many different seasons and venues, though -- warmth of plaid in winter, the cheeriness of plaid in spring and summer. Below are some images that provided inspiration:



I felt the need to create the whole suite because it just seemed a little incomplete to me with just the invitation. I'd pair the invite with a black envelope and do some calligraphy with white ink. The front of the reply card would be all plaid, and then the back very simple with just text.



Designing for this challenge has made me want to put on a wedding! I'll be back throughout the week with the other two designs and inspirations...

[Voting has begun for this challenge! My designs can be found here, here and here; and check out the other talent there as well! Inspiration images sources clockwise from left to right: jose villa; style me pretty; martha; martha; ellen silverman; martha; ellen silverman; jose villa; style me pretty]

1 comment:

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Loving this particular inspiration board. xo...Lins

Related Posts with Thumbnails