Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Delectable Moss


I have a thing for moss. It all started while I was working at Boxwoods in Atlanta. The "moss lady" would come every couple days and bring boxes of the stuff. There would be a race for the best box of moss. We used it for bordering all the potted compositions we made, from Dendrobium orchids with willow branches to hydrangeas and maidenhairs. It has the perfect combination of color, soft texture, and earthy smell. And it's easy to care for.

For the next 10 months, we will be living in an apartment with not a whole lot of light and I am looking for the perfect container to fill with moss for our tabletop. Something along the lines of this...

Any suggestions??! And if anyone knows of a good place to buy moss, please pass it on!

[I took the top picture while we were hiking to Bash Bish Falls - there was the most beautiful moss all over the place that I really wanted all for myself.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi mossy. I think we can get you some moss at the creek. fill the whole apt with it. Put some in the shower, etc. fun!

Anonymous said...

hi, alston! great blog; i hadn't been in a while. i am also a moss enthusiast (but havnen't ever bought it, sorry).

Anna Louise said...

I just got a couple of weeks ago the coolest funky moss that I can't remember the name of but I love-- I'll have to send you a pick of it! You would like it too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails