Friday, August 8, 2008

Scott

Well, the first part of the move is almost over!  We've made it to my parent's house and it is so nice not to be surrounded by boxes.  My mom, sister and I went to Scott Antique Market this morning.  I was looking for a centerpiece for our table and found two good options to fill with moss [see this post].




I also had my eye on one of these boxes, but my sister talked me out of it.  Probably a good thing considering the fact that we are moving again in 10 months!  But I do think they are fun, and the one I liked was an old German beer crate with the date [1933] stamped inside.


I bought Reggie something from this next booth, but I can't post it yet because it's a surprise. This lady had tons of old sheet music with charming illustrations, all signed by the musicians.


And here was one book that made us laugh...gotta be one of the strangest titles I've ever heard.


And my mom got a beautiful piece of 1890s English porcelain. Here's Weezie holding it, since it was her, after all, who talked them down $100! Notice the Coke poster in the background - you know you're in the south when...


Hope you guys have a great weekend...I'll be back next week with a special tour of Miss Weezie's fabulous apartment!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails