Monday, December 15, 2008

Advent Calenders + More...

Have you seen all the beautiful, creative Advent calenders out there in blog-land? Two of my favorites...the first I saw on Design Sponge by d.sharp, and the second on Design Mom by Jessica Sprague [and I really like how this second one is for the 12 days of Christmas rather than all 25 days in December...it's not too late to start a countdown for just the week before Christmas either!]...



And here's one of the reasons I didn't do an uber-creative calender this year:

Yes, that's right...all the little doors were opened + chocolate eaten before it was even December 13th. I know it's a lot of temptation for a 2.5 year old, and let me tell you how hard it was for me not to laugh when I found him hiding under his bed, chocolate smeared all on his squishy little cheeks. I think next year I will try one of the others and mix candy with toys just in case there's an advent calender binger in our midst.

In other news, have you heard about the theft at Harry Winston in Paris? I read an article about it this weekend in the NY Times...gunmen wearing drag managed to make off with over $100 million dollars worth of delicious baubles...click here to read the whole article. This is the stuff movies are made of...makes me think of The Thomas Crown Affair or The Italian Job [two of my all-time faves]. Can't you just see it?!

[Photo from the NY Times]

Hope you guys had a great weekend...I managed to get most of my wrapping finished up!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails