Sunday, December 7, 2008

gingerLotus


So, I had grand plans this week to make this amazing version of a gingerbread house. I confess, though, that I have already been google-ing "easy gingerbread house." I wish I had the time and patience to make one of these with my 2 + 4 year old. But I have a feeling [because I have never, ever made a gingerbread house in my whole life] that it would end up with me cussing and them destroying the kitchen. As much as I want to make this, I have come to realization that I should start small and work my way up...especially with two energy-filled boys in the kitchen with me. This year, we will be making the graham cracker version...it's really the candy that they care about anyway!

The gingerLotus is Michelle Kaufmann's version from last year. It was such a success, that she created the gingersolaire this year. Both of them are designed with many of the same green elements used in the actual homes she designs. Plus, the recipe for the gingerbread part uses all natural, organic ingredients. If you are feeling industrious this week, check it out. And let me know if you do make one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails