Friday, January 9, 2009

The Art of Sending Thanks

My favorite thank you notes are the ones with some bit of random information, like thank you for the such and such, blah, blah, blah...the boys have been hyped-up from all the Christmas candy we ate ever since we got back, and have started at a young age the never tiring came of ring and run with our neighbors. I like a visual image of what's going on -- it's so much more interesting to me than just the formality of saying "thanks." In all honesty, I just like hearing from people, and if that comes in the form of a thank you note, I'll take it! I usually put the "thank you" in two short sentences at the beginning, and then move onto something more creative that will make the recipient of the note remember it [and therefore want to send even more gifts so they can get another thank-you note -- ha! just kidding].

Every year, I design a family postcard for thank you notes -- it helps to have some paper to look forward to writing on! Also, with a postcard, there isn't a whole lot of pressure for it to be formal or a certain length. That helps me make it more personal. Here are our cards for this year...



I've seen some other papers out there that would definitely inspire me to write --

[Lotta Jansdotter Postcard Set, $15.95, available here]


[Herman Yu Flat Card Set, $20]

[And if you are looking for something personalized,
check out LLH Designs--love the classic, simple look]


So, now you know what I will be doing this weekend! Do you have any thank you note tips?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet are you?!?! I was going to comment on your fabulous amily postcard when I saw somehting I recongized quite well...my own work! Thank you! LOVE the postcard. With all those XO's, it would make a great Valentine! Just a simple "Miss you" or "Big Hugs to you" on the back and you're done! Great job!

Heather said...

I have a photo printer, a little 4x6 number. So I'll take a pic of the kids wearing, using, or playing with whatever they've been given, print it out, and mail the postcard to the giver. For some reason, the paper that I have to go with my printer is postcard paper, so it's perfect!

alston said...

that's such a great idea -- so thoughtful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails