Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Bit of Type

Typography Goods

It's everywhere folks -- from the signs in the subway and words on our tax forms to the logo for American Apparel and NASA. I'm talking about Helvetica, the font whose 50th anniversary was celebrated in the 2007 independent film appropriately named Helvetica. If you like typography, I'd definitely recommend it. Since typography is something I work with every day, I enjoyed a film dedicated to a single typeface. It was amazing to see all the various places and brands that use Helvetica -- it seems to transcend the categories of high end v. low end. It's funny to think that the same typeface that spells "Target" also spells "Fendi." Anyhow, I couldn't convince my hubby to watch it with me [which, frankly, I can't blame him -- he couldn't rope me into watching a PBS documentary on southern planters], but if typography makes you happy, check it out!

And since type was on my mind, I gathered together some of my fave type goodies out there [above] -- click on the link, and it will take you to a page with all the details about each thing...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails