Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seltzer


Weezie, my sister, sent this fun birthday card from a company I had never heard of called Seltzer. I thought the illustration was cute and quirky, and then I flipped it over to discover that the card was printed on 100% post-consumer paper using vegetable based ink. Plus, I really liked their logo, which is a clincher for me as well. I checked out their website, and they carry all sorts of products, including 100% PC wrapping paper.

And totally unrelated, I have to talk about my love of Macs for a minute. I am fully aware that a lot of folks who do not own or operate an Apple computer get annoyed by all the Mac-lovers out there, but here is an example of why I will forever be a loyal customer...I upgraded my Mac this summer, and purchased the wireless mouse and keyboard to go along with it. Thought it would be nice not to have all those wires strewn about. Well, I ended up loathing them both -- they ate batteries like candy and the mouse especially would just quit working with no warning. I'd replace the batteries, and then I'd have to restart the entire computer to get the thing to sync again. So irritating!

Anyway, after months of doing this, I decided that I had had enough. I went to the Mac store with the mouse and keyboard in hand, and all I said to them was "I bought these with my new Mac and I hate them. Is there any way I can exchange them for the wired versions?" And, seriously, within 5 minutes I was walking out the door with a new wired mouse and a new wired keyboard. They just gave them to me. And they told me to just keep the other ones, too. Who does that?! I dashed home, plugged them in, and now I am happily typing and mousing away with no worries that one of them will all of a sudden go out, or if I have enough batteries to make them work again.

If you are in the market for a new computer and haven't tried a Mac, I would highly recommend one. Not only are they incredible machines, but the customer service is top-notch. Okay, that's all I'm going to say about them...for now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails